Behavior Day Training Academy Programs
Liability Terms of service:
I agree to take full and total responsibility for my dog at all times. I hereby waive and release Mariah Hinds, Mariah Hinds Dog Training, property, owners of the property the training is located at, all owners and other animals in attendance, and any of the above mentioned employees, owners, and agents from any and all liability of any nature for injury or damage which I or my dog may suffer, including specifically, but not without limitation, any injury or damage resulting from the action of any dog, and I expressly assume the risk of any such damage or injury while attending the training session or training class, while supervising or interacting with a dog while on the grounds or surrounding area thereto. In consideration of my attendance and participation in training classes, I waive the right from any and all claims or claims by any member of my family or any other person who is present for training lessons.
- I understand that attendance and participation in any dog training program is not without risk to myself and/ or to guests that are present. I further understand that my personal dog is at risk when any other dog is present and I may bring home an illness due to working around other dogs.
- Deposits for Day Training Academy are non-refundable.
- Day Training Academy training sessions cannot be refunded.
- Missed sessions at Day Training Academy will not be transferred, refunded or given credit towards other training services.
- Deposits for Day Training Academy expire 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Private follow up sessions expire 6 months from the date of purchase of Day Training Academy
- It is the client’s responsibility to notify Mariah Hinds Dog Training of any changes regarding the dog’s behavior and other pertinent information.
- I agree to allow Mariah Hinds Dog Training to discuss history, protocol, family dynamics and any pertinent information with their veterinarian, appropriate animal professionals, family members, etc. as applicable.
- Mariah Hinds Dog Training reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time, at its sole discretion and refund the monies paid for future services (if applicable) back to the dog’s owner.
- All of the information I have given about my dog(s) is correct and does not exclude important information such as aggression.
- These Terms of Service constitute the sole and only agreements concerning the terms of this contract. Any prior agreements, whether oral or in writing, shall be void and of no further affect. This contract may only be modified in writing and signed by all parties to this agreement.
Exercise, enrichment and chewing needs
- Dogs all have their own individual needs. Even dogs of the same breed can be vastly different in exercise, enrichment and chewing needs.
- If we aren’t meeting our dog’s needs then eventually there will be problems. For example, puppies who aren’t getting their chewing needs and their play or enrichment needs met while they are teething, are going to chew and puppy bite people more often.
- Most adult dogs (and the occasional puppy) can handle a few days or a week of not having enough exercise or mental enrichment but consistently not getting enough will result in the dog finding their own puzzle to figure out and their own way to get tired and it probably won’t be through a desired behavior.
- Sometimes, people get a dog thinking that it’s going to have the enrichment and exercise needs of a mellow lap dog but the dog has the enrichment and exercise needs of an endurance athlete. We can’t change what the dog’s needs are.
- We can definitely help you teach your dog how to be calm and we can show you how to fulfill your dog’s exercise and enrichment needs in a way that fits your schedule. Gratefully, in a lot of situations, the dog needs more mental enrichment and not as much exercise as the owners think. But sometimes there is a mismatch between the owner’s expectations and the dog’s needs.
Let us help your dog be the best dog that they can be!
Your dog is learning to listen to a variety of people! That makes it easier for your dog to learn that it’s also fun to listen to you.
Manners where it matters
Your dog is learning to have good manners where it matters most- your home.
It’s important that your dog learns good leash manners. Teaching polite leash walking takes time and effort and we will do the repetitions so you can utilize the games for pleasant walks in your neighborhood with your dog.
• Don’t beg while we eat dinner
• Stay on your bed while I’m cooking, cleaning or eating
• Stay for 5 minutes even if I go out of sight
• I’m leaving. Don’t follow me
• I’m going to grab a package from the doorway. Don’t run out of the house.
• Garage door is open, stay there and don’t run away